Google Meet works best in the latest versions of Google Chrome and Firefox web browsers. Make sure your web browsers are up to date! If you can’t successfully join a meeting, download the latest Google Chrome here or the latest Firefox here.
Joining from a PC
- Your will get a web link to join the Google Meet. Simply click on the Google Meet link.
- You will come to a page that looks something like this:
- Click the green join now button to join.
- You can deactivate your webcam if you don’t want to be visible. You can also mute yourself prior to joining.
Joining a Meeting from a Smartphone
- You can use your smartphone to join a meeting and view the presentation.
- Download the Google Hangout Meet app from your phone’s app store.
- On your smartphone, click the Google Meet link. It should open the app and join the meeting.
- Out of courtesy for your instructor, please mute yourself so your background noises don’t interrupt the presentation.
- Click on the microphone mute button, shown below.
Posting a Question to Chat
- You can post a question to the meeting chat group. Click on the chat icon in the upper-right corner.
People can’t hear me when I speak
- Is your microphone muted? Unmute if so.
- Check your settings. Does it list your microphone as being detected?
I can’t see the presentation, but I can hear it!
- The presenter hasn’t started the presentation yet.
- Leave and rejoin the meeting to reset your view. This usually solves many problems!
I keep getting disconnected from the meeting!
- If your wifi or internet connection is not reliable or too slow, you will be disconnected. Use a more reliable internet connection. We don’t recommend using public wifi hotspots because they can be unreliable.